The Digital Imagers
group is comprised of Digital Photographers and Imaging Artists of a variety
of skill levels, interested in the digital arts and dedicated to their evolution.
Statement of Purpose:
The Digital Imagers membership
recognizes the vital role of Digital Photography and Digital Art Making in
the ongoing evolution of the Digital Arts, Sciences and Technologies, and
asserts the following as our purpose:
- The pursuit of excellence in the Digital Imaging Arts and
- The teaching and exchange of knowledge of the Digital Imaging
Arts and Sciences, both among members and the general community.
- The sharing of new tools and techniques for creation of Digital
and Photographic imaging.
- The examination of new techniques and tools for use in the
Digital Darkroom, in Digital Printmaking, and in other Digital Artforms.
- The recognition that Digital Imaging rests upon a long tradition
of image making, and in a 175 year old tradition of Photographic image making,
that recognizes that its techniques and tools have evolved from Photography
and the longer tradition of the Arts, and that traditional Photography, Digital
Photography and the longer tradition of Artistic Imagemaking are not separate
- The encouragement and expansion of members creative skills
in the Photographic Arts and Sciences, and in Digital Art making.
- To increase historical awareness of the place of the new
Digital Arts in the ongoing historical evolution of the Photographic Arts
and Sciences, and Imagemaking.